A normal range for LDL cholesterol in every person is different. The range of cholesterol in blood is needed to be measured at least once in five years for people who are more than 20 years old. It is very important to know the range of cholesterol in your blood so that you are able to prevent yourself from any diseases which are related to cholesterol. There are some kinds of cholesterol. And each kind of cholesterol has a limit in your body. Here is ideal range for LDL cholesterol.
- Normal range of total cholesterol in kids’ body is less than 170mg/dl. It is included in a high category if the total cholesterol reaches 200mg.dl.
- Normal range of LDL cholesterol ratio is less than 100mg/dl. It can worsen the kids’ health if the LDL cholesterol reaches 130mg/dl. It is included in a high category.
- Normal range of HDL cholesterol in kids’ blood is 45mg/dl or more. It is included in the low category if the HDL level is less than 40mg/dl.
- For kids with age 0 to 9 years, the normal range of triglycerides is less than 75mg/dl and less than 90mg/dl for kids with age 10 years to 19 years. It is categorized as high level if the triglycerides reach 100mg/dl for kids with age 0 to 9 years and more than 130mg/dl for kids 10 years to 19 years.
- Normal range of total cholesterol in adults’ blood is less than 200mg/dl. It is included in a high category if the total cholesterol reaches 240mg/dl.
- Normal range of LDL cholesterol level is less than 100mg/dl. It will danger your health if the level reaches the number 160mg/dl or more.
- Normal range of HDL cholesterol in blood should be 40mg/dl or more. It is included in a low category if the HDL level is less than 40mg/dl in your blood.
- Normal range of triglycerides is less than 150mg/dl. It is categorized as high level if the triglycerides reach 200mg/dl.
How to Keep Cholesterol Range Normal
- Consume foods that contain a lot of fibers. It is because fibers are able to lower the level of the bad kind of cholesterol. Choose healthy fats to consume, such as olive oil, avocado, and nuts. The fats in this kind of foods will not increase the level of LDL in your blood.
- Keep your body weight in normal number. Obesity tends to increase the level of cholesterol in your blood. It also put you in a higher risk of getting the heart attack.
- Do exercise regularly. Spare at least 30 minutes to 60 minutes a day to work out. Or if it is too much for you, exercise at least 3 times a week. By working out regularly, you will be able to lose some weights, increase the level of HDL and decrease the level of LDL in your blood.
- Stop smoking. Because the tobacco contained in cigarettes will increase the level of LDL in your blood.
Those are the normal range for LDL cholesterol.