Is Brown Sugar Gluten-Free? Most people think that brown color from brown sugar comes from added caramel coloring. But the fact is, brown sugar is a result of refined cane sugar to molasses and added back. This means, brown sugar normally does not contain gluten as it does not contain grain ingredients and not added with food coloring additive that contains gluten. However, it is still a possibility for additional caramel coloring to brown sugar for darken the brown color.
How to check brown sugar gluten free
As some brand of brown sugar product is might add additional food coloring additive to their brown sugar product, then the best way to know whether it is gluten free or not is by reading the ingredient label. The existence of food coloring does not always mean that it has the significant amount of gluten, but however, it is best for choose brands that have no added coloring other than the color from molasses. This will help you to decide whether a brand does brown sugar gluten free contain or not.
Cookies with brown sugar gluten free recipe
If you want to snack with brown sugar ingredient, you can choose brown sugar gluten-free cookies that safe for celiac disease or gluten sensitivity. You can find it from the online store that sells gluten-free foods. This is the healthy snack that you can eat anytime without worrying about gluten. You also can make it in your kitchen using simple recipes.
- 1 softened stock butter
- 1 egg with room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
Directions to make
- Mix cream butter in stand mixer with sugar and beat well together. Scrape down sides if it is necessary
- When the mixed sugar and cream becomes creamed, add vanilla and egg and mix together
- Add flour and baking soda and then mix it well. Dough until thicker and add more ¼ cup of gluten-free flour
- Refrigerate the dough into at least 3 hours to 5 days.
- Preheat to the oven at 350 temperatures. Scoop dough with cookie scoop and form into balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling before store to the airtight container for 5 days last.
- Serve and enjoy your brown sugar gluten-free food
Gluten free brown sugar brands
There are many brands of brown sugar available in the market. One thing that keeps on the mind from people who concern with celiac disease or sensitivity to gluten, they want to know whether A brand or B brand is gluten-free or not. The example is domino brown sugar gluten free? If you worrying brown sugar you buy is contain hidden gluten ingredients, then you can peace of mind when buying domino brown sugar as it is free from gluten at all. Domino says that their entire sugar product is gluten-free. Their confectioner sugar just contains with so small cornstarch (less than 0, 01% corn gluten) and not harmful for people who have a sensitivity to gluten.